Saturday, January 30, 2010

Psychology??

Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullah..

Malam tadi selepas solat maghrib, saya bersembang dengan seorang kawan lama waktu di sekolah menengah..Kami saling bertanyakan hal ehwal hidup dan kursus yang diambil.
Bila saya menjawab;"I'm studying Psychology"...then later asked me "what is Psychology???"

Hurm..........,There were too many answers I had in mind at that time...one of them is the one that has been written in most of the Psychology books-
"Psychology is defined as a scientific study of the mental processes and human behavior.."..owh,..its too 'skema' rite,cannot,cannot..hehe.

In the end i replied to my friend that "Psychology is somehow more than that,whereby for me it teaches and trains myself to know myself and others better.."I learn to know what differentiates people,try to adapt with my surroundings,tolerate better,not to jump into concusion without investigating and lots more.. It is not like what people think that Psychology enables one to manipulate@brainwash peoples' mind or to interpret people's thoughts..Of course not lah..=) I wish I can,hehe..

Em,Psychology covers on cognitive, learning, personality, physiology, social, statistics, psychometrics,and others. But the most crucial theme in Psychology for Muslim psychologists is the Islamization of Psychology where we will then be able to see the real underlying concept of human nature and the Greatness of Allah as The Creator..

Like all my psychology lectures have been saying that; Psychology is nothing if we as Muslims do not take into account the concept of soul@ Islamic spiritual dimension which links humans--this present world--the hereafter--The Most Almighty Allah SWT.
Man's life and behavior are too complex that it could not be explained by theories or be broken-up into tiny bits like what we have in exact sciences such as physics,chemistry.Thus without all these, Psychology is only regards as pseudo-knowledge or the false knowledge.

Erm..this is merely my opinion and what I understand from the lectures and books..I admit that I am not the right person to discuss on Psychology in depth.(",) Btw,I really want to express my gratitude to all my lecturers for sharing their precious experiences and knowledge on Psychology and the way to Islamize its doctrines @ paradigms.

May Allah bless them and you as well,..! (",)/

No comments:

Post a Comment